- 3 1/2 ounces [100 g] butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces [100 g] leek, finely chopped
- 3 ounces [85 g] fresh mushrooms, cleaned then chopped
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 25 snails, halved
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] cream
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley sprigs, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- Hint of nutmeg [optional]
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter into a large casserole.
- Just brown together minced garlic, chopped onion, leek, mushrooms and carrot along with snail hlaves.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Leave to simmer for few minutes before stirring in dry white wine and cream.
- Leave to simmer for a few more minutes
- Stir in salt, black pepper and, if desired, nutmeg.
- Stir in freshly finely chopped parsley along with egg yolks, until thickened.
- Serve immediately, hot.