- 10 cups [2.5 L] chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup [250 mL] celery slices
- 1 cup [250 mL] peeled carrot slices
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] freshly snipped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] grossly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] raw chicken dices, approximately 3/4 pound [340 g]
- 2 cups [500 mL] drained boiled white rice
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime slices, to garnish
- Into a large casserole, mix together chicken broth, chopped onion, celery and carrot slices, freshly snipped parsley, grossly ground black pepper, thyme and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil stirring once or twice.
- Lower heat and leave soup to simmer, uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add chicken dies; leave to simmer uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes more, until chicken dices are no longer pink inside.
- Remove and throw away bay leaf.
- A few minutes before serving, stir in drained boiled rice and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Reheat until really hot before serving, decorated with lime slices.