- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] oil
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] chopped celery
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] minced leek
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] chopped onion
- 3 cups [750 mL] small broccoli flowerets
- 3 cups [750 mL] small cauliflower flowerets
- 3 cups [750 mL] carrot slices
- 6 cups [1.5 L] chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] heavy [15%] cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat together butter and oil into a large casserole.
- Soften together chopped celery, minced leek and chopped onion without coloring them.
- Mix in small broccoli and cauliflower flowerets, carrot slices, chicken broth, celery seeds and freshly chopped parsley.
- Cover and leave to simmer for approximately 30 minutes, to soften all the vegetables.
- Puree then pour mixture back into casserole.
- Sir in cream; reheat without boiling.
- Salt, pepper, and serve.