- 1 roast chicken, carcass with a little leftover meat on
- 2 rinsed celery stalks, halved lengthwise
- 2 carrots, each scraped then cut into 3 pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- Cold water, to cover
- Transfer roast chicken carcass, celery and carrot pieces, onion wedges and bay leaf into a large casserole.
- Salt then pour in enough cold water to well cover the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and leave to simmer slowly for approximately 2 hours.
- Leave to completely then strain broth through a fine sieve; reserve broth and chicken meat separately.
- Finely dice chicken pieces before adding to strained chicken broth.
- Throw away all remaining ingredients.