- 1/2 pound [227 g] squash
- 2 cups [500 mL] mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] vegetable oil
- 3 chicken whites, diced [approximately 3/4 pound - 340 g]
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can fat free low-salt chicken broth concentrate
- 4 ounces [125 mL] water
- 1 [14-ounce / 398-mL] can stewed tomatoes
- Half squash cutting through the larger part; place flat onto a cutting board then cut each half sideways into 1/4-inch [6-mm] thick slices.
- Transfer squash slices into a medium bowl; mix in mixed frozen vegetables, dried parsley flakes, thyme, salt and ground black pepper.
- Into a large casserole, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken dices on all sides, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Mix in vegetables and herbs mixture.
- Pour in chicken broth concentrate, water and already cut stewed tomatoes with juice.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to low.
- Leave to simmer, covered for approximately 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.