- 3 1/2 cups [875 mL] zucchini slices [approximately 1 pound - 454 g]
- 1 cup [250 mL] carrot slices
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped celery
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] green onion slices
- 1/2 cup [115 g] butter
- 1 tablespoon [8.75 g] flour
- 1 3/4 cups [440 mL] milk
- 2 cups [500 mL] water
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can cream of mushroom soup concentrate
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] dry white wine, or more water
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] sour cream
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] dry chicken broth concentrate
- 1 [4 1/2-ounce / 128-g] can cocktail shrimps, drained
- Thin peeled or not cucumber slices, to decorate
- Melt butter into a large heavy casserole.
- Soften together zucchini and carrot slices, chopped celery and green onion slices stirring often for approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir in flour, then milk.
- Still stirring, bring mixture to a slow boil.
- Pour mixture into the bowl of a blender; cover and puree mixture until smooth.
- Using the same casserole, mix together water, cream of mushroom soup concentrate, dry white wine or more water, sour cream and dry chicken broth concentrate.
- Stir in vegetable puree and drained cocoktail shrimps.
- Reheat bisque without boiling.
- Serve immediately, each serving garnished with thin cucumber slices.