- 4 cups [1 L] tomato juice
- 3 cups [750 mL] chicken broth
- 1 [2-ounce / 56-g] envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cups [500 mL] peeled carrot slices
- 2 cups [500 mL] peeled potato dices
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 small peeled turnip, cubed
- 1 [12-ounce / 340-mL] can corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] rice
- Cooked chicken dices, to taste
- Mix together tomato juice and chicken broth into a casserole; transfer over medium heat.
- Mix in onion soup mix.
- Add carrot slices, potato dices, celery slices, turnip cubes, drained corn kernels, rice and cooked chicken dices.
- Cook until vegetables and rice are soft before serving.