- 1 tablespoon [15 g] margarine
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped [approximately 1 cup - 250 mL]
- 3 medium potatoes to bake in the oven, peeled then cut into 1/2-inch [1.3 cm] dices
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] frozen or well-drained canned corn kernels
- 1 cup [250 mL] partly skimmed [1%] evaporated milk
- /2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] freshly ground black pepper
- Over medium heat, melt margarine into a large casserole.
- Brown chopped yellow onion stirring often until golden and soft, for approximately 7 minutes.
- Mix in potato dices and pour in chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Partly cover and leave to simmer over low heat unto potato dices are done, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix in frozen or well-drained corn kernels, evaporated milk, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Leave to simmer uncovered until chowder is really hot, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.