- 3 cups [750 mL] vegetable broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] chicken broth
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoonsful [45 mL] pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] olive oil
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring together vegetable broth and chicken broth to a boil.
- Add vermicelli noodles; leave to boil for 10 minutes.
- Reserve 2 fresh basil leaves and some pine nuts to garnish.
- Into a food processor, puree together remaining fresh basil leaves and pine nuts, garlic cloves, grated Parmesan cheese and olive oil.
- Well mix into boiling broth mixture.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, snip reserved basil leaves before mixing in reserved pine nuts; set aside.
- Season soup with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Serve soup, each serving evenly garnished with freshly snipped basilic leaves and remaining pine nuts.