- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] chopped celery
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cleaned chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] chopped peeled carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] marjoram
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] fresh or frozen thawed shelled deveined small shrimps
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- Melt butter into a casserole.
- Mix in chopped celery, mushrooms, onion and carrot, bay leaf, marjoram and lemon juice.
- Salt, pepper and cook over low heat stirring for 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, bring to a boil and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf then puree mixture into a blender.
- Pour puree back into casserole before mixing in shrimps.
- Poursuivre la cuisson pendant encore 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk, reheat without boiling, and serve.