- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] chicken broth
- 3/4 pound [340 g] freshly shelld green peas
- 1 large potato, peeled then cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce head, into 4 wedges
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] plain yogurt
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour chicken broth into a casserole; add fresh green peas, potato cubes and lettuce wedges.
- Cover, bring to a boil and leave to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Puree mixture nto a blender of a food processor, puree mixture into a blender of a food processor, or strain mixture through a sieve pressing well.
- Pour puree back into casserole; leave to simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and well mix in yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate soup for quite a few hours, until really cold, before serving.