- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter
- 2 cups [500 mL] minced onion
- 2 cups [500 mL] leek slices
- 2 potatoes, peeled then cubed
- 1 carrot, peeeled then cubed [optional]
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] parsley flakes
- 1 large carrot, peeled, really finely diced, boiled apart then drained [optional]
- 1 potato, really finely diced, boiled apart then drained [optional]
- Melt butter into a large casserole; lightly brown together minced onion and leek slices.
- Cover casserole and leave to cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Mix in potato and carrot cubes.
- Salt, pepper then pour in chicken broth.
- Bring to boil and leave to simmer until all vegetables are soft.
- Pour into a blender and blend mixture until smooth.
- Pour smooth mixture back into casserole.
- Pour in milk then sprinkle all over with parsley flakes.
- If desired, for those who like 'pieces' in creamy soups, mix in drained tiny carrot and potato dices.
- Reheat for approximately 10 minutes, before serving.