- 28 ounces [800 g] squash
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon [50 g] butter
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 cups [750 mL] milk
- 1/2 cup + 5 teaspoons [150 mL] fresh cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 1/2 ounces [100 g] chervil
- 12 slices French bread stick
- Freshly grated cheese [optional]
- Peel, seed then cut squash meat into large cubes.
- Heat half of butter into a casserole.
- Melt yet do not color chopped onions into melted butter.
- Add squash cubes and cook over low heat for approximately 1 hour, without any water, until soft.
- Puree mixture into a blender or using an electric beater; pour back into casserole.
- Mix in remaining butter, milk and cream until smooth
- Salt and pepper.
- Rinse then blanch chervil for a few minutes into boiling water; drain before adding to soup.
- Toast French bread stick slices before serving, along with soup, sprinkled with freshly grated cheese if desired.