- 12 ounces [375 mL] beer
- 3 or 4 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound [454 g] fresh shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 4 cups [1 L] light cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Pour beer into a casserole; add peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Bring to just a boil; immediately add shrimps.
- Leave to simmer until pink and done, just before they are tightly curled up.
- Remove casserole from.
- Strain over a bowl.
- Refrigerate cooking broth; cool shrimps under cold running water to stop cooking process.
- Transfer into a clean bowl and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove cold broth and shrimps from refrigerator.
- Reserving enough shrimps to decorate each serving with one shrimp, puree remaining shrimps in cooking liquid into a blender.
- Pour puree into a clean bowl before stirring in cream; salt and pepper bisque.
- Refrigerate bisque until really cold before serving, into individual cold bowls, decorated with reserved shrimps and fresh parsley.