- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 4 cups [1 L] small broccoli pieces
- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- Chervil, to taste
- Herbes de Provence, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy cream [15%]
- Melt butter into a casserole.
- Cook together chopped onion and carrot with broccoli pieces stirring over low heat, for a few minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil; leave to simmer slowly, for approximately 20 minutes.
- Puree mixture into a blender; pour mixture back into casserole.
- Over low heat, season mixture with chervil, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Just warm-up cream before pouring it into soup.
- Serve immediately.