- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] raw potato dices
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] water
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- 2 cups [500 mL] flaked left-over boiled, broiled or baked fish
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 tablespoon [8.75 g] flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly minced parsley, to garnish
- Boil potato dices into hot boiling water until tender.
- Pour in milk and mix in flaked fish; season to taste.
- Melt butter until hot; blend in flour then thin into a smooth paste using 3 tablespoons [45 mL] of hot liquid from pot.
- Add to pot mixture.
- Thicken chowder stirring for 5 minutes before serving, garnished with freshly minced parsley.