- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 4 French shallots, chopped
- 1 [10 1/2-ounce / 298-mL] can New-England creamy clam chowder soup
- 8 ounces [250 mL] half & half
- 1 [6 1/2-ounce / 184-g] can clams, drained reserving liquid separately, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Melt butter into a casserole; brown chopped French shallots.
- Stirring, slowly stir in New-England creamy clam chowder soup, half and half, and reserved clam liquid.
- Stir in drained chopped clams; salt and pepper soup.
- Heat soup until just starting to simmer.
- Serve soup immediately, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.