- 1 pound [454 g] lean ground turkey
- 1 cup [250 mL] chopped onion
- 1 cup [250 mL] chopped carrots
- 1 cup [250 mL] celery dices
- 1 cup [250 mL] potato cubes
- 3 cups [750 mL] water or beef stock
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon [0,5 mL] basil
- 1 [28-ounce / 796-mL] can tomatoes with liquid
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] brown bouquet sauce [optional]
- Stirring, brown ground turkey into a large saucepan; drain off fat.
- Add and cook chopped onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chopped carrots, celery dices, potato cubes, water or beef stock, salt, pepper, bay leaf and basil.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with liquid, cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes longer, until vegetables are tender.
- If desired, mix in bouquet sauce.
- Remove bay leaf, and serve.