- 4 1/2 ounces [127.5 g] fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 unpeeled cucumber
- 2 green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] water
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] tiny Chinese rice noodles
- 3/4 teaspoon [2 mL] salt
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] soy sauce
- Rinse then pat dry mushrooms using paper toweling.
- To keep all of the flavor, slice mushrooms without peeling; set aside.
- Half cucumber lengthwise, remove seeds using a small spoon, then slice cucumber halves into thin slices; set aside.
- Finely chop green onions; cut garlic into fine strips.
- Heat vegetable oil into a large casserole, or a wok.
- Stirfry together chopped green onions and garlic strips for 30 seconds.
- Add mushroom slices; stri-fry for 2 to 3 minutes more before pouring in water.
- Break-up tiny Chinese rice noodles into shorter pieces before adding to the soup.
- Add thin cucumber slices, salt and soy sauce.
- Leave soup to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve soup into four hot individual soup bowls, making sure to evenly spoon noodles and vegetables into bowls.