- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] tarragon
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 1 cup [250 mL] heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives [to garnish]
- Paprika [to sprinkle]
- Pour chicken broth into a casserole; add green onion slices, tarragon and chopped celery, then bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover casserole and leave mixture to simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Ladle half of mixture into a blender; cover bowl and puree mixture at high speed, until smooth.
- Pour puree into a clean casserole.
- Puree remaining mixture.
- Into a bowl, beat together cream and egg yolks before mixing into puree; salt and pepper.
- Stirring, reheat soup without boiling to cook egg yolks mixture.
- Serve really hot, garnished with chopped chives and sprinkled with paprika.