- 1 pound [454 g] chicken white strips
- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- 5/8 cup [156.25 mL] heavy cream
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] milk
- 1 [6-ounce / 170-g] can corn kernels, drained
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Finely chopped green onion, to decorate [optional]
- Into a large casserole, mix together chicken strips, chicken broth and cream.
- Bring to a boil over quite low heat.
- Just lower heat and leave to simmer slowly for approximately 20 minutes; season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, boil vermicelli noodles into lightly salted boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain and reserve, hot.
- Into a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch into milk; stir into soup until thickening.
- Mix in drained corn kernels and reserved vermicelli noodles.
- Reheat soup.
- Serve immediately, into a large soup serving bowl or individual soup bowls, garnished with finely chopped green onion.