- 2 cups [500 mL] dried apricots
- 3 cups [750 mL] cold water
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] sugar
1 tablespoon [15 mL] honey
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup [250 mL] light cream
1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
1 1/4 cups [310 mL] evaporated milk
1 1/4 cups [310 mL] water
- Grated lemon rind, or 3 egg whites
- Bring dried apricots and cold water to a boil; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Press through a sieve or fruit press [this yields approximately 2 cups - 500 mL puree].
- Mix in sugar or honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and salt while still hot.
- Just before serving, hot or cold, stir in cream and milk, or evaporated milk and water.
- If desired, reheat, but do not boil.
- To serve, top each serving with a little grated lemon rind, or beat egg whites and float teaspoonsfuls of beaten egg white on top of each serving.