- A little butter or olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1 cup [250 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] white wine
- 3 pounds [1.4 kg] mussels, bearded
- 2 cups [500 mL] heavy cream
- White ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh peeled tomato dices, to garnish
- Asparagus tips, to garnish
- Melt butter or olive oil into a large casserole without coloring.
- Soften together minced garlic and green onions along with chopped parsley into hot fat.
- Pour in white wine, stirring until reduced by 3/4th.
- Add mussels, cover and leave mussels to simmer until shells open-up [throw away unopened shells].
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mussels from casserole draining mussels over a bowl; keep separately.
- Pour in cream into casserole and leave to reduce slightly.
- Season with ground white pepper then strain creamy mixture into a clean casserole.
- Stir in strained reserved mussels cooking liquid.
- Remove mussels from shells; throw away shells, remove tendons then reserve mussels.
- Reheat strained creamy soup until really hot, without boiling.
- Evenly arrange afew fresh peeled tomato dices and asparagus tips into each of 4 to 6 soup bowls.
- Evenly transfer reserved mussels into soup bowls.
- Evenly pour in hot creamy soup; serve immediately.