- 2 tablespoons [30 g] margarine
- 1 cup [250 mL] finely chopped onion
- 1 pound [454 g] ground turkey
- 1 cup [250 mL] dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] Worcestershire sauce
- 4 [13-ounce / 370-mL each] boxes chicken broth
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups [500 mL] boiled drained noodles
- Melt margarine into a frypan; brown then leave finely chopped onion to cool completely.
- Using your hands, well mix together cooled browned chopped onion, ground turkey, dry breadcrumbs, egg, freshly chopped parsley and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
- Into a large casserole, bring chicken broth to a boil before adding celery and carrot slices; leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Shape reserved ground turkey mixture into 1-inch [2.5-cm] meatballs [dampen your hands if needed].
- Add turkey meatballs to chicken broth; leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix in drained noodles; leave soup to simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Leave soup to sit for a few minutes, before serving.