- 1/2 cup [115 g] butter
- 1 1/2 cups [210 g] flour
- 4 cups [1 L] milk
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] pepper
- 3 cups [675 g] any grated cheese
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cooking Sherry
- 18 to 24 ounces [510 to 680 g] any frozen seafood, thawed
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] breadcrumbs
- Melt butter into a casserole before mixing in flour.
- Stirring, slowly pour in milk until smooth.
- Salt and pepper mixture; leave to simmer slowly, until thickened.
- Then mix in 2 cups [450 g] of grated cheese, stirring until completely melted.
- Remove from heat before mixing in thawed seafood, cut into bite-size pieces if needed.
- Mixture can now be refrigerated and even frozen; thaw mixture refrigerated before using.
- Approximately 30 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 425°F [220°C].
- Evenly pour mixture into oven-safe individual bowls.
- Mix together remaining grated cheese and breadcrumbs; evenly sprinkle over mixture into each bowls.
- Brown into preheated oven until golden, for 10 to 20 minutes, until bubbly.