- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter or margarine
- 1 small cleaned leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound [227 g] ham, into 3/4-inch [2-cm] cubes
- 2 medium peleed sweet potatoes, into 3/4-inch [2-cm] cubes
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] thyme
- 2 ounces [56 g] fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and stems removed, grossly chopped
- Into a large casserole, melt butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Soften leek slices, along with minced garlic.
- Mix in ham and sweet potato cubes, pour in chicken broth and season with thyme.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower heat to medium-low; cook for approximately 10 minutes more, to soften sweet potato cubes.
- Mix in chopped spinach leaves.
- Cover and leave to simmer for approximately 2 minutes more, to wither spinach leaves.
- Serve immediately.