- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter or margarine
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] peeled carrot slices
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] long grain or brown rice
- Pepper, to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley, to taste
- Melt butter or magarine into a large casserole.
- Soften together onion slices and minced garlic into melted fat.
- Pour in chicken broth then add carrot slices and rice; bring to boil.
- Cover, lower heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Puree into a food processor until smooth.
- Pour puree back into casserole, pepper and heat.
- Serve, garnished with freshly chopped parsley.