- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 large peeled carrots, into pieces
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 4 1/2 cups [1.125 L] chicken broth
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy cream [15%]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Into a casserole, soften chopped onion into melted butter.
- Mix in carrot pieces, orange juice and chicken broth.
- Cover casserole; leave soup to simmer, for approximately 20 minutes, to soften carrot pieces.
- Puree mixture into a blender.
- Pour soup back into casserole and mix in cream; salt and pepper.
- Reheat soup without boiling, before serving.