- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] olive oil
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pound [227 g] boiled large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound [340 g] large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped [about 6]
- 1 green bell pepper, membranes removed and seeded, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, membranes removed and seeded, chopped
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large Jalapeņo pepper, membranes removed and seeded, minced
- 4 1/2 cups [1,125 L] chilled tomato juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, to decorate
- Combine chopped garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon juice into a medium bowl.
- Add shrimps; cover mixture and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Into a large bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, green and red bell peppers, cucumber, green onions and cilantro, and minced Jalapeņo pepper.
- Pour in tomato juice.
- Stir in cold shrimp mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve into cold individual soup bowls, garnished with lemon wedges.