- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1/4 bag fresh spinach, stems removed and chopped
- 1 head fresh broccoli, into flowerets
- 1 [14-ounce / 398-mL] can spinach, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] sour cream
- 1 cup [250 mL] heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesean cheese, to sprinkle to taste [optional]
- Melt butter or margarine into a casserole; lightly brown onion dices.
- Mix in chopped fresh spinach, broccoli flowerets and drained chopped canned spinach.
- Cook until fresh spinach has completely wilted.
- Stir in sour cream and heavy cream; salt and pepper.
- Cook without boilling for approximately 5 minutes, until hot.
- Pour mixture into blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled to taste with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.