- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter or margarine
- 3 medium-size carrots, sliced
- 2 medium-size onions, sliced
- 1 cup [250 mL] shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 6 [10 1/2-ounce - 300-mL each] cans chicken broth concentrate
- 6 [10 1/2-ounce - 300-mL each] cans water
- 9 ounces [255 g] frozen French-cut string beans
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] caraway seeds
- 1 pound [454 g] Cheddar cheese
- Approximately 50 minutes before serving, into a large casserole with a lid, soften together, stirring from to time, carrot and onion slices, shredded cabbage and chopped parsley over medium heat, into melted butter or margarine.
- Mix in frozen French-cut string beans, and caraway seeds.
- Then pour in chicken broth concentrate and water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to low, cover casserole simmer soup slowly for approximately 15 minutes, until vegetables can easily be cut with a fork.
- Just before serving, cut Cheddar cheese into tiny dices; evenly arrange cheese dices into individual soup bowls.
- Evenly pour boiling soup over cheese dices, to just melt cheese dices.
- Serve immediately.