- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 cup [250 mL] 'feather' noodles
- 1 cup [250 mL] bite-size pieces sliced cooked turkey
- 6 1/2 cups [1.625 L] chicken broth
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter into a large casserole over low heat.
- Mix in finely chopped onion and celery; cover and leave to cook over low heat for 8 minutes.
- Mix in wide noodles and pour in chicken broth.
- Add parsley sprigs and bay leaf; salt and pepper soup to taste.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Leave to simmer over low heat for 12 to 15 minutes, adding bite-size turkey pieces to broth 5 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Serve immediately.