- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] chopped celery
- 5 cups [1.25 L] cold chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] savory
- 1 cup [250 mL] raw long grain rice, rinsed then drained
- 2 large chicken whites, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter into a large casserole.
- Add celery dices; cover and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour in cold chicken broth; add savory.
- Salt and pepper generously.
- Stir then bring to a boil.
- Add drained rice and stir.
- Leave to cook, partly covered over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer chicken white dices into a clean casserole.
- Cover chicken dices with cold salted water and bring to a boil.
- Leave to boil for 4 minutes; drain and reserve.
- Add chicken dices to done chicken rice soup.
- Cook, partly covered for 8 minutes, before serving.