- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled then diced
- 5 cups [1.25 L] cold chiken broth
- Pinch of basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] pasta noodles, spirals or other
- 3 chicken whites, diced
- Cold water
- Melt butter into a large casserole.
- Add celery and carrot dices; cover and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir mixture before pouring in cold chicken broth.
- Add basil; salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and stir.
- Leave to cook, partly covered over medium heat for 12 minutes, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, transfer chicken white dices into a clean casserole.
- Cover chicken dices with cold salted water and bring to a boil.
- Leave to boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain and immediately add chicken dices to chicken soup.
- Serve as soon as noodles are done.