- 1 celery stalk, cleaned
- 2 small carrots, peeled
- 1 small parsnip, peeled
- 1 tomato, peeled
- A few lettuce leaves, cleaned
- 1 leek, cleaned
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] fresh or frozen green peas [if available]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley, to taste
- Finely chop celery stalk, carrots, parsnip, tomato and lettuce leaves; thinly slice leek and red onion.
- Pour chicken broth into a large casserole; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Mix in chopped celery stalk, carrots, parsnip, tomato and lettuce leaves, leek and onion slices, and green peas if available.
- Salt and pepper boiling soup.
- Leave to simmer over low heat, for 10 minutes.
- Serve soup, sprinkled with greshly chopped parsley.