1 meaty turkey carcass and wings
2 onions, into large cubes
2 carrots, halved
1 leek, into large cubes
2 celery stalks, into large cubes
4 tomatoes, each into for wedges
1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] thyme
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] chervil
12 cups [3 L] cold water
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Transfer turkey meat, turkey carcass and wings into a large casserole.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onion cubes, carrot halves, leek cubes, celery cubes and tomato wedges.
- Add thyme, bay leaf and chervil before pourin in cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Leave to simmer slowly for 2 hours, skimming and removing excess floating fat from time to time.
- Strain broth.
- Leave broth to cool before storing.