- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- 8 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] tarragon
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup [250 mL] heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- Finely chopped chives
- Into a casserole, bring together chicken broth, green onion slices, tarragon and chopped celery with leaves to a boil.
- Simmer covered over low heat, for 45 minutes.
- Ladle half of mixture into a blender container; cover and blend, at high speed, until smooth.
- Pour into a clean casserole.
- Repeat with remaining half of mixture.
- Into a bowl, beat together cream and egg yolks.
- Stir beaten cream/egg yolks mixture into soup.
- Reheat soup slowly, without boiling, stirring until egg yolks are cooked.
- Serve soup hot garnished with finely chopped chives, sprinkled with paprika.