- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] cooking oil
- 2 pounds [1 kg] lean ground beef
- 2 cups [500 mL] chopped onion
- 1 pack taco seasoning mix
- 1 pack dry original Ranch salad dressing mix
- 4 [16-ounce / 454-mL each] cans undrained tomatoes
- 1 [16-ounce / 454-mL] can undrained pinto beans
- 1 [16-ounce / 454-mL] can undrained kidney beans
- 1 [4-ounce / 113-mL] can sweet green pepper, drained then chopped
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- Chili powder [enough to get a spicy soup]
- Grated Cheddar cheese, to garnish
- Into a large casserole, brown together ground beef and chopped onion into hot cooking oil, stirring.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix, dry original Ranch salad dressing mix, undrained tomatoes, pinto beans and kidney beans, chopped sweet green pepper, salt and chili powder to taste.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve soup, sprinkled with grated Cheddar cheese.