- 1 1/4 cups [310 mL] peeled carrot dices
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 pound [227 g] uncooked lobster meat
- 1 cup [225 g] butter
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] dry Sherry
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] dry white wine
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL]. minced parsley
- Pinch of thyme
- 8 tablespoons [70 g] flour
- 4 cups [1 L] scalded milk
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mince together carrot dices and onion into a food processor.
- Finely chop uncooked lobster meat.
- Melt half of butter into a large casserole.
- Fry together minced carrot and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the lobster meat.
- Heat and ignite dry Sherry; pour it over the mixture.
- Add dry white wine, chicken broth, tomato paste, bay leaf, minced parsley and thyme.
- Leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter into a saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux.
- Cook for a few minutes before pouring in hot milk, beating vigorously with a wire whisk.
- Pour this mixture into the lobster casserole.
- Leave to simmer very gently for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream, season bisque with salt and pepper, and serve.