- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- Thyme, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cups [1.25 L] chiken broth
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] cream
- Melt butter; mix in chopped onion.
- Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix in carrot slices, potato cubes and bay leaf; sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until carrot slices are tender.
- Leave to cool down a little.
- Remove bay leaf; puree mixture into a blender.
- Pour into a saucepan; slowly stir in chicken broth and cream.
- Reheat and serve.