- 2 or 3 avocados, according to their size, peeled and stoned
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups [750 mL] lean chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly minced chives, to taste
- Finely dice approximately 1/4 cup [60 mL] avocado meat.
- Transfer avocado dices into a small bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Stir well; reserve, refrigerated.
- Transfer remaining avocado meat, grossly cut, into a food processor or a blender.
- Pour in chicken broth, yogurt and lime juice; salt and pepper.
- Puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Just before serving, pour soup into 4 cooled individual bowls.
- Decorate with reserved avocado dices and minced chives.