- 4 cups [1 L] water
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] chicken broth concentrate
- 2 ounces [60 g] vermicelli egg noodles
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] canned bamboo shoots, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 slice ham, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons [15 mL] dry Sherry [optional]
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 cup [250 mL] drained corn kernels, canned or freshly boiled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 mL] corn flour or cornstarch [to thicken]
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] water
- Into a casserole, mix together 4 cups [1L] water and chicken broth concentrate; bring to a boil.
- Add vermicelli egg noodles, chopped green onions and finely chopped bamboo shoots, sweet red pepper and ham, soy sauce, dry Sherry and grated gingerroot.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in drained corn kernels.
- Into a small bowl, mix together corn flour or cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons [30 mL] water; stir into soup.
- Stir until thickened.