- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 6 green onions, green parts only, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups [875 mL] water
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] liquid chicken broth concentrate
- 2 [14-ounce / 398-mL each] cans creamed corn or drained corn kernels
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy cream [15% m.s.g.]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Into a casserole, melt butter; soften minced green onions into melted butter.
- Stir in flour; slowly pour in water and chicken broth concentrate.
- Stir until thickened.
- Salt and pepper.
- Mix in creamed corn or drained corn kernels, and cream.