- Salmon scraps [head, tail and backbone]
- 6 cups [1.5 L] fish broth [store bought]
- 2 peeled potatoes, cut into dices
- 1 cup [250 mL] finely chopped celery
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] tarragon
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] paprika
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can creamed corn
- Salt, to taste
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] heavy cream [15% m.s.g.]
- Boil salmon scraps into fish broth for 10 minutes.
- Drain broth, reserving any salmon meat left on scraps and broth separately.
- Boil together potato dices and chopped celery, onion and parsley, into salmon broth, until soft.
- Puree mixture into a blender or a food processor.
- Pour puree into a clean casserole; sprinkle with black pepper, tarragon, white pepper, paprika and Cayenne pepper.
- Stir in creamed corn; salt and reheat over low heat.
- Stir in reserved salmon meat, and cream.
- Stir and serve.