- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] butter
- 1 pound [454 g] potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups [500 mL] water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice from fresh clamsor
Juice of 1 jar clams
- Freshly shelled boiled into their own juices or canned clams
- 7 ounces [220 mL] milk
- Into a casserole, brown chopped onion into melted butter for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add potato dices, water, salt, pepper and clam juice.
- Bring to a boil; simmer until potatoes are done.
- Mix in clams and milk.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes more and serve.