- 10 ounces [283 g] mixed frozen vegetables
- 1/3 ounce [10 g] celery dices
- 3 cups [750 mL] milk
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 5 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons [50 g] flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons [7.5 mL] salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] pepper
- 1/4 cup - 2 teaspoons [50 g] bacon fat, butter or margarine
- 8 slices really crunchy fried bacon, cut into 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] pieces
- 3 slices firm enough bread
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] curry powder
- Boil together mixed frozen vegetables and celery dices into hot boiling water, until really soft; drain and keep warm.
- Blender running on 'grate', pour 1 cup [250 mL] milk, then add onion rings, flour, salt and pepper, through blender opening.
- Blend for 15 seconds, or until onion rings are all broken-up.
- Pour into a thick casserole; mix in remaining [2 cups / 500 mL] milk and bacon fat, butter or margarine.
- Cook, stirring, until mixture is really hot and starts to thicken.
- Add reserved warm boiled vegetables and fried bacon pieces.
- Reheat for a few seconds, before serving.