- 1 large cucumber
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Handful of spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups [1 L] broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and cut cucumber into 4 wedges.
- Remove seeds; thinly slice cucumber.
- Arrange cucumber slices onto a plate; sprinkle with salt and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Water will come out.
- Melt butter into a casserole, add drained cucumber slices, chopped onion, chopped spinach and bay leaf; salt and pepper.
- Cover; melt together all ingredients, without browning.
- Pour in broth; simmer for 1 hour, over low heat.
- Pour through a sieve, into a clean casserole.
- Into a bowl, beat together cream and egg yolk.
- Pour soup into a serving bowl, along with cream/egg yolk mixture.