- Olive oil
- 1/2 onion, into fine sticks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly minced ginger, to taste
- Tomato paste, to taste
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Hot chili pepper sauce
- 4 4/5 ounces [150 mL] balsamic vinegar
- 2 large sweet potatoes [yams], into fine sticks
- 1 turnip, into fine sticks
- 5 carrots, into fine sticks
- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- Heat a little olive oil into a frypan.
- Add fine onion sticks, minced garlic and minced ginger.
- Stir in some tomato paste.
- Season mixture to taste with paprika, coarsely ground pepper and hot chili pepper sauce.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar; set aside.
- Steam together sweet potato, turnip and carrots sticks until done to taste.
- Stir in water and blend vegetables to desired consistency.
- Add spice mixture and blend some more before serving.