- 12 ears corn
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2 cup [115 g] butter
- 1 tablespoon [8.75 g] flour
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] finely chopped parsley
- Cold water, to cover
- Milk, if needed
- Grate corn off 6 of the ears into a casserole.
- Cover grated corn with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and leave to boil for approximately 45 minutes.
- Reserving cooking water, cut the corn from remaining six ears; add to grated corn.
- Mash egg yolks before mixing together with flour and butter.
- Slowly pour in reserved cooking water and mix well.
- Add grated and whole corn kernels, and chopped parsley.
- If mixture is too thick, pour in enough milk to get the right consistency.
- Bring to just a boil.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes, before serving.