- 3 cups [750 mL] chicken broth
- 1 [14-ounce / 398-mL] can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] finely sliced galanga or ginger
- 1 cup [250 mL] bite-size pieces boneless skinless chicken white
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] straw mushrooms or sliced button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 mL] lime juice
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] Thai chile paste
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] cilantro leaves, to serve
- Combine chicken broth, coconut milk and galanga or ginger slices into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken white pieces and stir for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce and chile paste; stir for 1 minute.
- Pour into individual soup bowls.
- Top each serving with cilantro leaves, and serve.